We recently moved to Nova Scotia to retire. Having built R-2000 previously, we were delighted to work with Natalie and her team at Passive Design to create our new custom designed home at an even higher level of energy efficiency, performance and comfort. They offered an intensive consultation approach to make sure that their design fit our needs - from pre-design through to construction.
We would highly recommend working with Natalie and her team to create a bit of your own magic. ~ Sue Davar
- This house was built as a forever home for the parents of one of our designers with aging-in-place principles as they downsized from a two-storey to a single-storey slab-on-grade home.
- The roof is split at the ridgeline by a row of clerestory windows oriented to the sun that bring light all the way into the deepest parts of the plan.
- Unheated mudroom and screen porches protect exterior doors to minimize winter heat-loss during arrivals and departures.
- Corner windows feature in the great room allowing panoramic views that would otherwise be more limited in their scope.
- This house boasts our tightest envelope to date with a blower door test of 0.32 ACH@50.