How We Work
When we work with you to design a house, it will be your home.
We listen to your vision, provide honest advice, experienced solutions, and creative ideas.
Our designs seamlessly integrate the Passive House strategies with your vision and your building site.
Our clients are all unique, so our projects reflect a wide variety of styles, budgets, and settings. Some things are constant: bright, warm spaces; functional layouts; comfortable and healthy environments. And above all, an understanding that sustainable buildings are simply better buildings.
Our team combines engineering, architectural design and years of construction experience. This gives us a unique ability to create beautiful homes that are easy to build.
With our experience working on 100+ Passive House projects, we fully understand the impact design decisions have on construction and your building cost.
Early in the process of building a passive house I was impressed with the custom design work of PDS. When I got a preview of the PDS stock house plans my family found a home that met our design budget and offered much of what we sought in a custom home: thoughtful design, careful use of space, and a contemporary look matched with traditional lines that settles the house into the rural landscape. Since moving in my family has been very pleased with the comfort and efficiency of our passive house, something we will certainly enjoy for many years to come.~ Nathan Bald
Whether you are a home owner, builder, or architect, you will experience our key focus - collaboration.
A collaborative design process:
- Arrange an initial design consult to help determine your needs and vision.
- Collect information so we understand your building site.
- Determine the best path for you - stock home plan or custom design.
- If a stock plan is the best choice for you, we will help you find the plan that meets your style and needs. Choosing a stock plan is the most cost effective and quickest path to being ready to build.
- If custom design is your best option, we will work to design a unique home to fit your building site and your lifestyle.
- Provide you with a full drawing set ready for pricing and building permit.
- Assist you with construction support services to ensure your design is built to Passive House quality.