Estimated Annual Heating: $400
Solar Orientation: South to Back
- This 3 bedroom Passive House faces south towards the river which aligned the solar strategy for the project with the exceptional views.
- One level living built with aging-in-place principles in mind.
- A mix of siding types - metal and wood - soften the exterior and keep the overall strategy durable, cost-effective, and low-maintenance.
- Shade structure for cooling help to cut down on overheating by eliminating some solar gain through the main windows.
- An unheated screen porch connects garage to house, adding seasonal living space.
When we were looking to build an energy efficient house we found Passive Design Solutions. From the first email contact through to the finished product, the team was with us all the way.
They listened to our wishes, clearly explained the passive home concept and helped us find a builder. We cannot say enough about the open and very prompt communications with Passive Design Solutions. To our delight, the heating costs have gone down by two thirds from those of our previous ICF constructed home.
We unreservedly recommend Passive Design Solutions."
~ Sandra & Bruce