"When we were looking to build an energy efficient house we found Passive Design Solutions. From the first email contact through to the finished product Natalie and her team were with us all the way.
They listened to our wishes, clearly explained the passive home concept and helped us find a builder. We cannot say enough about the open and very prompt communications with Passive Design Solutions. To our delight the heating costs have gone down by two thirds from those of our previous, ICF constructed, home.
We unreservedly recommend Passive Design Solutions."
~ Sandra & Bruce
- One level living built with aging-in-place principles in mind.
- River view to the south aligned the solar strategy with the exceptional views.
- A mix of siding types - metal and wood - soften the exterior where patio and outdoor spaces occur while keeping the overall strategy durable, cost-effective, and low-maintenance.
- Shade structure for cooling help to cut down on overheating during these late summer heat waves by eliminating some solar gain through the main windows.
- Unheated breezeway connects garage to house.