A custom home design is a unique expression of you and your site.
Working from the ground up, we will help you develop a design that integrates the demands of site, budget, function, aesthetics and energy efficiency.
Our design process is exclusively collaborative - we will give you honest opinions and creative ideas, but recognize that this home is for you. Our process works through these design phases:
- Schematic Design to explore a variety of options for the room layouts and how they relate to each other and the outdoors
- Design Development where we create a 3D model of the exterior shape of the house and design the window layout.
- Energy modelling early in the process informs our design to insure the seamless integration of all the energy efficiency strategies. We produce a detailed set of construction documents, ready for permit and to start building.
We also offer construction support services to make sure the designs are implemented to the quality of passive house.
Our team and our affiliates include:
- Architectural graduates
- Civil and structural engineers
- Energy modelling technologists
- Landscape architects
- Interior designers
Our custom designs are fully energy modeled and most achieve the PHIUS+ 2015 passive house targets with reasonable solar access. By integrating the passive house strategies at the beginning of the design, we insure the energy efficiency measures present opportunities, not barriers, to making your home everything you imagined. We work to provide the ideas and solutions you need to make a home that is uniquely yours.