Single Family Custom Home Design
Do you want a unique home design tailored to your lifestyle and needs? Let our team of passive house design experts get you there.
A custom home design is a unique expression of you and your site.
Working from the ground up, we will help you develop a custom architectural design that fits your style, budget, and building site.
We provide you honest opinions and creative ideas, but recognize that this home is for you.
We used Passive Design Solutions to oversee the design and construction of our passive house in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. PDS was extremely helpful in describing the passive house concepts, benefits and construction implications. Their breadth of knowledge and industry experience proved invaluable as we moved from early concepts through the completion of our passive home. We would recommend Passive Design Solutions without hesitation.~ Peter Campbell
Custom design of your passive house leads you through the design phases:
- Schematic Design. We explore a variety of options for your room layouts and how they relate to each other and the outdoors.
- Design Development. We create a 3D model of the exterior shape of the house and design the window layout.
- Energy Modelling. This is important to incorporate early in the process. It informs our design to ensure the seamless integration of all the energy efficiency strategies.
- Net Zero calculations. We size your solar panels once we design your high-performance building shell. Passive House approach offers the best path to Net Zero by minimizing the amount of energy that renewables need to provide.
- Construction Drawings. You'll get a detailed set of construction documents for your permit and to start your build.
We also offer construction support services to make sure your design is implemented to the high-performance quality of Passive House standards.
Passive House team and affiliates:
- Architectural graduates
- Civil and structural engineers
- Building science engineers
- Energy modelling technologists
- Landscape architects
- Interior designers
Our custom designs are fully energy modeled and can achieve the PHIUS+ 2018 Passive House targets.
Integrating the Net Zero Passive House strategies into your custom home design will present opportunities, not barriers, to ensure your home is everything you imagined.
We work to provide the ideas and solutions you need to make a home that is uniquely yours.