side faces south
$2,730* savings on your annual energy costs
(click on large image for a slideshow)
We recently moved to Nova Scotia to retire. Having built R-2000 previously, we were delighted to work with the team at Passive Design to create our new home at an even higher level of energy efficiency, performance, and comfort. They provided an intensive consultation approach to make sure that our design fit our needs - from pre-design through to construction.
We would highly recommend working with the Passive Design Solutions team to create a bit of your own magic."~ Sue Davar
The Glengarry plan was developed for a couple interested in downsizing and aging-in-place.
Three bedroom Glengarry Passive House features:
- Two equally sized bedrooms that share a generous ensuite bath to allow for a double-bedroom master suite that gives couples their own space while the third private bedroom allows for privacy for guests.
- A high clerestory strip of windows bringing daylight in at the high-point of the vaulted ceiling.
- A screened porch for 3-season living and an unheated mudroom that expands the functional floor area of the house without the cost.
- No stairs or basement; wide hallways and doors; accessible bathrooms.
- The Build Green Atlantic 2019 conference recipient of the Canadian Green Building Council Inspiring Home award.
Energy Usage - 25,000 kWhrs/year
Annual Cost - $4,000/year
Built to Passive House (PHIUS)
Energy Usage - 7,938 kWhrs/year
Annual Cost - $1,270/year
Enjoy a $2,730* savings on your annual energy costs or cover $41,100 additional financing on your mortgage with these savings.** *Cost estimate is based on an assumed 15 cent per kWhr price
** Mortgage is based on a 25 year amortization with a 4.5% interest rate.