"I highly recommend the PHIUS Passive House Builder Training led by Natalie Leonard. This course covers the fundamental theory behind the Passive House principles and gives practical insight into tried and true strategies that work in the Canadian environment. Natalie shares her extensive experience of Passive House construction and her lessons are a balanced dose of building science and common sense." Marc - Builder
"The Passive House Builder Training was an eye-opening experience. Natalie taught in detail, the key concepts defining a Passive House. The course provided a look into advanced envelope assemblies and building techniques, teaching builders to think differently about the way they build homes. This course is helping to drive a cultural change within the construction industry, making Passive House building less intimidating, more desirable and affordable." Lorrie - Designer
The Passive House Institute US (PHIUS) builders training prepares builders to meet the challenges of Passive House construction. Although a Passive House approach is like an R2000 house in many ways, a Passive House is a huge leap forward in energy efficiency in comparison. It reduces energy costs significantly and simplifies the mechanicals, making it more affordable to build and easier to run than a code-built house.
Becoming a Passive House Certified Builder offers two significant business advantages:
- It sets you apart from other builders - the Passive House approach is different, better, and saves more money for your customers.
- You’ll be one of the first to establish credentials in a growing market that is still largely untapped.
- Learn general passive house principles
- Classroom and field focus on envelope issues
- Mechanical systems and testing
- Cost optimization/bidding
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control process
The full program runs four days.