ESTIMATED ANNUAL HEATING: $390
SOLAR ORIENTATION: South to Front Yard
DESIGN: Custom Architecture
- Strong massing and shed roofs to suite clients' modern tastes.
- Fully thermally broken cantilevered feature balcony with steel railing acting as structural support floats along the second storey master suite while shading the large south-facing ground-level windows.
- Steel staircase feature staircase with glass railing
- Structural post and beam framing.
- High-tech EPDM roofing for low-slope applications.
- Lakefront home that can be maintained during trips with minimal cost and effort.
- Huge huge south windows take in the lake view and the sun showing the size of windows possible with fibreglass frames.
This modernist retreat marries minimal operating costs with luxurious living. The bold overhangs of the shed roofs and massing of the house, screen porch, and garage create a striking visage of tasteful modern style that fully takes advantage of the deep window sills, south-facing windows, exposed thermal mass, and many other energy efficiency solutions that have serious architectural potential.
The feature balcony creates a private nest for the master suite to look out towards the lake beyond. Beyond the surface aesthetics, the cantilevered balcony is a completely thermally broken assembly custom detail meaning that the aesthetics need not come at a cost to your energy efficiency!"
View our stock passive house plans