The Passive House Institute US (PHIUS) builders training prepares builders to meet the challenges of Passive House construction. Although a Passive House approach is like an R2000 house in many ways, a Passive House is a huge leap forward in energy efficiency in comparison. It reduces energy costs significantly and simplifies the mechanicals, making it more affordable to build and easier to run than a code-built house.
Becoming a Passive House Certified Builder offers two significant business advantages:
- It sets you apart from other builders - the Passive House approach is different, better, and saves more money for your customers.
- You’ll be one of the first to establish credentials in a growing market that is still largely untapped.
- Learn general passive house principles
- Classroom and field focus on envelope issues
- Mechanical systems and testing
- Cost optimization/bidding
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control process
The full program runs four days.