side faces south
(click to enlarge)
Whether you're interested in developing a neighbourhood or building an income property into your home investment, a duplex plan might be the perfect fit for your site and project.
Whether you're interested in developing a neighbourhood or building an income property into your home investment, a duplex plan might be the perfect fit for your site and project. Designed with the master suites and living spaces on the ground floor with additional space and guest rooms on the second floor, these two-storey plans can still suite an aging-in-place lifestyle and fit in an urban context.
Energy Usage & Savings
Energy Usage - 24,819 kWhrs/year
Annual Cost - $3,971/year
Built to Passive House (PHIUS)
Energy Usage - 7,879 kWhrs/year
Annual Cost - $1,260/year
Enjoy a $2,710* savings on your annual energy costs or cover $40,810 additional financing on your mortgage with these savings.** *Cost estimate is based on an assumed 15 cent per kWhr price
** Mortgage is based on a 25 year amortization with a 4.5% interest rate.
The medium-sized, very compact building shape and wall of south-facing windows make this one of our most energy-conserving plans.
The “Sydney Duplex” features the following:
- Master on ground level for aging-in-place.
- An upstairs guest suite complete with bathroom, bedroom and family room.
- Efficient plan fits on virtually any urban lot.
- Duplex is perfect for a new development or downsizing with an income property.
- Available as a single freehold plan with the same layout, look in our catalogue for our 1897 sq. ft. Birch Cove plan!